Monday, March 03, 2008

Alberta Goes BLUE!

Conservatives come out of hiding, and vote PC! My riding was the last to be announced, and I'm pleased we booted a Liberal and elected a PC.

Final results:

PC 73
Liberal 8
NDP 2

What happened? Calgary was supposed to go red, didn't happen. Edmonton was supposed to go blue, it happened.

Guess Steady Eddie, really is a leader, his results are the same as Ralph got in his best election. Hopefully the media will stop with the snide remarks about a farmer running this province.

We voted, the PC got over 52% of the vote. Now, we shall see what the next 4 years brings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is everyone jumping to the conclusion that Special eddy is the reason for the victory? the man had an untold amount of help from his opponents just opening their mouths. I didn't vote for ed, I voted against the alternative as I know many others who did the same.

Reid said...

I'm disappointed. Not that the PCs won. Ultimately that's good. I'm disappointed that they won such a crushing majority. That's bad.

Eddie is going to take that as an endorsement of the PCs "business as usual" steering of a rudderless Alberta. Rather than the voter apathy and there being no leader or party that really inspired anyone. Voter turn out was worse than the Seinfeld Election last time. Around 40% I believe. So 21% of eligible voters gave Eddy a majority of Kleinian proportions.

I'm disappointed in the pathetic Albertans who chose not to vote.