Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My Pick Of The Year!

My salute goes out to the people who line the Highway of Heroes to show their support for our troops! You represent all Canadians by honouring our fallen heroes. I will never be able to be there, so those of you who can be, have my thanks for going out in all kinds of weather to represent me and all Canadians.

Silent, sad salute for fallen

PORT HOPE — The sound of the three revving engines of the hearses was all that broke the mournful quiet cast along the Highway of Heroes yesterday.

None of the more than 400 men, women and children huddled in the cold across the Ontario St. overpass broke the salute of silence as the convoy of hearses bearing the flag-draped caskets of Sgt. Gregory Kruse, Pte. Michael Freeman and Warrant Officer Gaetan Roberge headed to Toronto.


Please click on the link and watch the video. I can not be there in person, but I am standing there in spirit with you!

I salute our brave troops for upholding Canada's flag with honour and valour. May 2009 be a kinder year for all people involved in conflicts.

2 comments:

Bec said...

Wonderful tribute, Hunter!
It is devastating that the losses happen but to happen during the holidays makes it extremely hard.

We need more patriotic behaviour in this country and it is comforting to at least visually share in the "Drive Home".

God Bless YOU, Troops! Thankyou forever and Happy and SAFE, 2009!

Happy New Year, Hunter!

Kai said...

It is one of my regrets that I live too far away from the Highway of Heroes. The people who line the highway to show their respects help restore some faith in our country, and restore some of the pride I had when I served our people back in the late 80's. To my brothers in arms who have fallen, while I have not been in service for a long time, you shall always have a place in my heart, and my utmost respect. Hopefully, we will not let the Torch die out.

Ducimus,

Kai