Saturday, April 05, 2008

The Free Ride Is Over!

A comment on my blog got me thinking seriously about what we, as bloggers, should be doing about both the opposition and the MSM.

Anonymous said...

"Does the media not understand that these are real people, with real lives? "

"maybe it's time to shed the big floodlight on all MP's."

Umm, no maybe its time to have a blog devoted to the unguarded remarks & tasteless behavior of journalists.
Camera phones & digital recorders are wonderful things. The next time you see some jerk or elitist snot at a political event and they are wearing press I.D. turn on your recorder or camera phone and have it on the internet within minutes.

You can bet no one in the press would ever admit to visiting such a site - but they ALL would, to see such things as married, drunken Joe Doofus of the Can. Press staring at Mary Lou Bleached Blonde's chest, or pompous Bob BigMouth wandering around cranked to the gills with his fly wide open. Priceless!


So I had suggested putting a big floodlight on MP's, but anon is right too, let's put the big floodlight on both the opposition and MSM.

Lukiwski was caught, like a deer in the headlights of an oncoming car, both the opposition and MSM ran him down, with glee. All most of us did was defend him, but a few bloggers went on the offensive. The best I saw was this post by Kate of SDA's, it's what we should all be doing, shining that big old floodlight on the MSM and the opposition.

Seems like other bloggers feel the same, here are some examples:

Blogging Tories: What Are You Made Of?

Since the Liberal lynch mob doesn't want to accept Tom Lukiwski's apology for ancient history

That's what I am talking about, attack both the MSM and the opposition, air out ALL the dirty laundry, make them think about what they are doing to real people, with real lives, and real families that can get hurt. Contrary to lefty opinions, Conservatives are human beings with feelings.

A central blog documenting bias by the MSM and opposition is an excellent idea, if I had the time I would like to try doing it. Readers could send in videos and camera phone images of the media being drunken fools spouting garbage...oh wait, that's them already, we just don't hear about it, because they protect their own.

The point: When I started blogging, most of my posts were about my feelings of what was happening, then I started thinking that to get a wider readership, I had to post about media stories and write about that, or make sure that I posted at least once a day, whether I had anything to say or not.

My most successful posts are those done from the heart about an issue that concerns me, not ones that quote news articles. My clips of what's going on in Parliament usually get great response because people are too busy at work to watch it, and only want the highlights.

It's easy to get addicted to the number of hits your blog gets on any given day, harder to go with your heart. Being a follower of the media's lead is easy, find an article you disagree with, and blog about it.

So, to anon, and Paul of Celestial Junk, thanks for making me rethink why I blog. I blog to make my point of view known, not the media's.

The internet is an awesome tool that we can use to expose what the MSM is too lazy, or too biased to bother with. We can put them on the defensive, like Kate did to Fife. Funny how my post about Fife needing to apologize never made it into CTV's comment section.

The free ride is over! Let's shine the floodlight on the opposition and the MSM, it's working for Ezra against the HRC's, maybe we can make it work with the MSM by holding them to account for what they say.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Email to R Fife of CTV has been sent.

Let the battle begin.

hunter said...

Perfect! If 36% of Canadians are Conservatives, he just ticked them ALL off, can't be good for CTV, or their sponsors.

cantuc said...

I can't wait for bubbly bob's next whine about no conservatives giving him interviews . Bubbly bob probably can't wait for his next wine either. Bubbly bobs favourite whine ?? NOBODY WILL TALK TO ME .

Anonymous said...

WOW!!

Excellent post. It's good to see you going this way. Your blog is good, and your writting is strong. Look foward to future post.

hunter said...

Well thank you, Blue Magic, that makes me want to keep on trying to make a difference.

Cantuc, I saw a piece from the Canadian press the other day that was basically a whine about the PM not talking to them, I ignored it, but from now on, they will get called on things like that. That's what we need to do, call them on all their biased headlines, posts and TV blips that they run endlessly digging at the Conservatives.

cantuc said...

I have no problem with them reporting the truth . If the conservatives do a screw-up fine , report it ,just like anything else, but fife crossed a line . If Stephen Harper ever gives fife any time again I'll be very surprised and disappointed.

hunter said...

I agree Cantuc, Fife needs to be deleted from the PM's "Who to Call" list.

Further to my post, the strength of a blog depends on the people who comment on it, and I am fortunate to have some very intelligent people who comment on this blog. Thank you. (To my anon stalker, that's NOT you!)

Anonymous said...

You are so right on Hunter. It's about time we conservatives starting standing up to the abuse that the media and the other parties have been throwing at us for years.It's time to call them on all the lies and innuendo. It's time to expose them all. Frankly I don't blame Harper for not wanting to talk to the PPG. They treat him and the party like dirt.
I emailed CTV too. Let the games start.

TIME TO TAKE A STAND COMARADES

WE ARE NOT GOING TAKE IT ANYMORE

Anonymous said...

Thank you Hunter, Joanne TB, and Crux, and Jack and Mac and all the "bloggers" that I follow, for being so passionate and dedicated. I am a "commentor" not a blogger but you provide me with a platform to state my thoughts, express my rants, subject you to "my humour" and to discourse my frustrations.

Thank You All

hunter said...

Frmgrl, action like that is what is needed by Conservatives. We have been conditioned by the lefties to stay silent, even here in Alberta.

West Coast Teddi, I rely on you and other commentors to keep me honest.

What I enjoy most, is that often I am at work and can not comment, and then someone like Alberta Girl, Frmgrl or you, will come in and totally destroy some lefty poster/stalker who has left a comment that is way out of line.

Anonymous said...

"What I enjoy most, is that often I am at work and can not comment, and then someone like Alberta Girl, Frmgrl or you, will come in and totally destroy some lefty poster/stalker who has left a comment that is way out of line."

Thanks! And it is my pleasure to take those lefties to task....

This is truly the final straw for me. In the past two years, how many times has the Conservative government done something truly great only to have it ignored by an MSM bent on being the mouthpiece for the latest liberal pseudo scandal.

The only good thing - there have been soooo many "scandals" that have blown up in the Liberals and the MSM's faces, that Canadians are actually starting to ignore them.

Think of all the polls that get put out hoping against hope that they will swing against the Tories and then they quickly disappear when they go horribly wrong.

It is time to keep notes, save comments, headlines, video and such for use whenever the Liberals and their MSM chohorts try to use a "found" document or video, or paper, or dead MP, or jailed woman, or former prime minister or.....

I know that I will be not only noting the bias, but I will be saving it on my computer.

hunter said...

Alberta Girl, there have been a few times that I have yelled "YES", when you cream one of those lefties, and I want to post that so bad, but can't. By the time I get home, and can post, the moment has passed. Keep up the good work!

I mentioned earlier that even in Alberta you don't tell people you are a Conservative, mostly because we just do our jobs, go home and tend to our families. It's the lefties who seem to have the time, and government money to protest at the drop of a dime. Bring daycare kids to a protest, no problem, let a Conservative try that, they would get skewered in the press for child abuse.

March with naked men in the gay parade, or Hezbollah supporters? That's "progressive". Kneel down and pray for Holocaust victims, that's only acceptable if you are a Liberal.