Monday, April 21, 2008

Here We Have Someone Who Needs Help

This story is a sad commentary on universities today. I remember going to university from a small town of 5000, I was so sure the students would all be smart, mentally balanced, and wanting to succeed. Boy, was I wrong. Most were okay, but some were such misfits I couldn't understand how they ever got accepted. Like this little lady:

Yale University has threatened to pull a senior student's controversial "abortion art" project from an exhibition Tuesday unless she admits she lied about artificially inseminating herself and inducing miscarriages to produce the piece.

I'm sorry, but this girl needs help whether she really did induce abortions or not (miscarriages are spontaneous, not induced). If this is "art", I'm not taking my family to see it.

Salovey said that after he and School of Art Dean Robert Storr conducted an investigation, they determined two faculty members made "serious errors of judgment" and should be disciplined for the part they played.

"In one case, the instructor responsible for the senior project should not have allowed it to go forward," he said. "In the other, an adviser should have interceded and consulted others when first given information about the project. Appropriate action has been taken in these two cases."


No kidding Sherlock! Someone's head should roll.

On Friday, in a guest column that appeared in the Yale Daily News, Shvarts stood by her story that she artificially inseminated herself using sperm donors whose identities she said she was keeping secret, then administered herbal drugs to induce possible miscarriages.

She said she never knew for sure whether she was pregnant, but she collected blood around the time of her period after she took the herbs and spread it onto hundreds of feet of plastic that she wrapped around a large cube. The cube was to be suspended from the ceiling of the exhibition hall, and videos of her undergoing the alleged self-induced miscarriages were to be projected on the cube and the walls.


If this isn't a prime example of someone crying out for help, I don't know what is. Help that girl. She is drowning. This is not art, it's a scream for help from someone who is not mentally stable. Funny how all the misfits seem to be studying arts.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Vinho, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://vinho-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

It's clear that fear motivates you to write this diary. It's entries are generally negative in tone. You seem very unhappy with the world you live in.
You seem to be a "glass half-empty" kind of gal. I hope you're not passing this attitude along to your kids. They deserve better. - Sandy Cohen

hunter said...

Wow, free psycho-analysis from Sandy. Well Sandy, I try to laugh about abortion, but somehow it just doesn't seem funny to me.

Reid said...

I found her claim of "artificial insemination" to be quite funny. So did she have the "donors" make a "deposit" into a cup then she used a turkey baster? If this is what she did then ok. Because otherwise she would have had to use a lab for the "artificial insemination" and that would cost a fortune.

I can't help be skeptical and assume she just did it the old fashioned way with a bunch of willing volunteers (or clueless horny college boys who had no idea what the end result of their 1 night stand was going to be). I guess even "provocative" artists can be considered slutty whores.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure where I suggested that you laugh at abortion? I was commenting on the general tone of your diary. As I said, it is rather bleak and one-sided in perspective.-Sandy Cohen

Anonymous said...

That all changed as I became aware of all the harm lefties were doing to our social structure. Ordinary families are under assault, and have got to get involved, before it's too late, before society has been changed for good.

Sure sign of a mental imbalance: it's all due to the lefties!!!!

Were you trying to sound like an ignoramus? How embarrassing for you.

hunter said...

Anon 9:42
Typical lefty response, name call. You just proved my point. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Typical lefty response, name call. You just proved my point. Thanks

You are a parody blog, right? Name calling is what who does?

Priceless!

Hahahahahaha!

hunter said...

Well anon if you think being called lefty is equivalent to you calling me an ignoramus, and mentally imbalanced, so be it.

I hear the liblogs calling you, scurry back home now. If that hint isn't clear enough, try this:

What gives you the right to come on my blog and disrespect me? Who do you think you are, and if you were face to face with me, would you be that ignorant, or didn't your Mother teach you manners.

Debate the content of the post, but, if your sole purpose is to come on a blog and try and show your disgust for the blog owner, SHOVE OFF! I do not need to put up with your arrogant lefty blather.

Clear now?

Anonymous said...

Well anon if you think being called lefty is equivalent to you calling me an ignoramus, and mentally imbalanced, so be it.
Anon 9:42 called you a name. So what. That was not me. I was anon 4:45, simply laughing at you for referring to a "typical" response as name calling by using name calling yourself.

Of course you will try to claim your name calling is ok, since someone else was name calling you.

Just like all the CPC dissembling that their breaking election finance laws with apparent approval right from the top, is "just like" adscam, so is therefore ok.


I hear the liblogs calling you, scurry back home now.
No, I am not from liblogs. Unlike the Blogging Tories, now being exposed as a propaganda arm of the CPC, liblogs is just a bunch of bloggers. Who cares about them?

If that hint isn't clear enough, try this:

What gives you the right to come on my blog and disrespect me? Who do you think you are, and if you were face to face with me, would you be that ignorant, or didn't your Mother teach you manners.


So making fun of you for moaning about name calling by using name calling is "disrespecting" you? Would you be as ignorant as you are, with all the insults and insinuations, if we met face to face? My Mother taught me never to behave the way you do on your blog every single day.

Debate the content of the post, but, if your sole purpose is to come on a blog and try and show your disgust for the blog owner, SHOVE OFF!
It is difficult to debate the content when your posts are invariably ad hominem attacks, complete with name calling, shouting (all caps) and "disrespecting" of anyone who does not conform to your point of view.

I do not need to put up with your arrogant lefty blather.
Then close your blog.

Clear now?
You are always crystal clear.

Thank God those of your ilk will not be in power much longer.