Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Glow Is Off The Halo!

I watched the State of the Union address. My take, the glow is off the halo! He said "I" over 90 times, and "me" countless more times. He talks big, but his actions refute what he says. Of course the Democrats thought he hit it out of the ball park, whatever "it" was, and Republicans thought he did a bad job.



The best take I have seen on the speech is by Syncrodox Sez I hope he doesn't have a hangover tomorrow. Read the comments, they are too funny!

Now that I have covered the all important State of the Union address, I have something really serious for my Edmonton readers. We have a challenge in front of us that is greater than the Oilers/Flames rivalry. Right now at this very minute, Calgary is ahead of Edmonton in the all important Monopoly Challenge, and this can not be allowed to continue.



When I found out about this yesterday, Edmonton was at 10th spot and Calgary was at 3rd. Edmonton has now moved up to 6th and Calgary is still growing roots in 3rd, you need to vote to get Edmonton into first place. The first place finisher gets the prime property place on the Canadian Monopoly board game, so let's get voting! If you are not going to vote for Edmonton, please forget you even heard about this Monopoly thingy!

8 comments:

The_Iceman said...

The part that I couldn't understand was his claim that national Health Care is going to decrease the deficit. Seriously? How is the Government taking over health care going to reduce spending? The idea that nationalizing an industry is going to make it cheaper is a ridiculous assertion.

Bec said...

I had to watch in reverse,analysis and then SOTU. I have to say, I found him very confrontational and pretty dull.
I have watched many of these and this one stands out as a non-starter. I think he may have tanked and frankly, as much as I didn't get the fawning hero worshipping, I was rooting for him. Americans need him to get this right and the guy is not tuned in to the U.S. voters.

This is a right of centre country and he has gone so far left that they are frightened.
They should be. They don't want to be like us and deal with anything similar to our pathetic mess.

The_Iceman said...

I thought it was telling that today Evan Soloman was running video footage of Scott Brown's acceptance speech over the caption "Death of Conservatism: Republicans have become too ideological". That's right, Republicans winning a Senate seat in the Liberal stronghold of Massachusetts that has not elected a Conservative Senator in 30 years is a clear sign that Conservatism is dying due to their extreme ideology. Granted, that is the type of partisan spin that I have come to expect from Evan Soloman and the CBC.

Southern Quebec said...

I tried to vote for Dildo, Newfoundland but it wouldn't let me! :(

syncrodox said...

Thanks for the link Hunter, although I don't think I'll be live blogging/drinking any more Obama events.

My head hurts!

Syncro

West Coast Teddi said...

sorry - Victoria was my choice.

Anonymous said...

Ah, SQ, as vulgar as usual. So, SQ, is the dildo for your own use or does your significant other use it as a substitute?

Southern Quebec said...

Get a sense of humour, East of Nowhere! sheesh...