Saturday, September 27, 2008

Meeting Jason Kenney.

I went to a BBQ for James Rajotte last night and Jason Kenney was the guest speaker. He is an excellent speaker, and from what I understand James and Jason share an apartment in Ottawa, and they are both messy guys. They are also both single, so ladies, take a serious look at those two guys. They are both sweethearts! (Okay you two, your on your own from here.)HA!

My neighbour came with me because my husband is a political deadbeat. Her husband and her were in a refugee camp, and when asked, decided that Canada would be a great place to go. They have never regretted it, they have raised two children, sent them through university, and are now happy to have their first grandchild.

We sometimes get into heated political debates, but it never hurts our relationship. We are both very opinionated, head strong ladies, but we can't argue with our non-political husbands, so the two of us argue, sparks fly, and then we shake hands afterward.

Now, being that I have never seen any real military conflict in my life, and my neighbour was forced to flee for her life, our views on the military and immigration differ, so I was surprised by her response to Jason Kenney's speech. She loved what he said and wanted to shake his hand. She felt an immediate kinship with what he was saying and finally felt that someone understood immigrants.

Now, if my small sample of one immigrant is representative of other immigrants, Jason Kenney is doing a great job of bringing immigrant votes to the Conservatives, not by bribing them, or scaring them, but by talking to them in their own language. Good job Jason!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hunter - you and your neighbour are adults. It takes adult mentalities to differ politically and yet remain friends. You see the person behind the political views and you acknowledge the good and the intelligence within. Now, that makes for a quality discussion. Those who are incapable of discussion without resorting to personal attacks are not worth the time of day. Bravo to you and your neighbour. We need more people like you.

I have long said that if the sitting PM came out with legislation which would cure our economic woes, fix our medical system, and erase poverty, the Opposition would oppose it simply because that is the Opposition's role. That, to me, says that the Opposition is not there for Canadians, but for itself.

I read a good one a while back that joked: Harper develops a drug which cures lung cancer. The opposition press: Harper hates women; his drug does not cure breast cancer. Harper puts thousands of health care workers out of a job due to his lung cancer drug. The Opposition and the press doesn't give a hoot about Canadians - just their own self interests.

Thank God we have Stephen Harper at the helm and if God blesses us, He will give Stephen Harper a majority.

God Bless Stephen Harper

Kristin Beaumont-Politics and Other Things said...

Hunter...James R. is that the fella who is engaged to "Gerda" who is also an MP? (I am having a blonde moment here)

Kristin Beaumont-Politics and Other Things said...

oops I mean Helena Guerges...(sp) Gerda.. where did I get that from... oh dear..more coffee needed...

WE Speak said...

nb tory lady, you're thinking of Rahim Jaffer.

Kristin Beaumont-Politics and Other Things said...

Ohhhhhh bbs - thank you...I am very off base...lol.

Anonymous said...

NB Lady - thank you for the chuckle. I do hope that you have touched up your blond roots. LOL.