I just want to know if I get extra money back for being green! On my way over to the Liberal site, which I haven't ever visited before, I made the mistake of typing in www.liberals.ca, and arrived at this site, too funny! Make sure you click on the "Donate to Liberals" button!
So "shift happens" and I deleted the s, and made it to the real Liberal site, in search of the 50 tips on a greener living. I wanted to see how I would measure up to say, Al Gore! HA! Make the Liberals think this is a really popular list by clicking here.
My question to the Liberals is, if I'm really green, do I get extra money back from their "tax on everything"?
Here is my green life, I bet I have Dion and all other Liberals beat hands down, so show me my money! Better yet, leave my money in my pocket, not Suzuki's.
1. I have a solar panel called a south facing window. I keep the blinds open so the sun can blaze in and heat the house. In February, I roll two portable greenhouses (GASP) up to that window, and start all my flower seeds. No special grow lights needed.
2. I have a new 95% energy efficient furnace.
3. I have a new water heater, also energy efficient.
4. I have four 50 gallon water barrels to collect rain water.
5. I plant a veggie garden. Peas, potatoes, beans, cucumbers, carrots, cabbage, zucchini, green onions, tomatoes, dill, oregano, beets, raspberries, nanking cherries, all on a city lot.
6. I have two composter's in my garden.
7. I compost even in the winter.
8. I pickle the left over beets and cucumbers.
9. I make pasta sauce from the tomatoes.
10. I make chemical free wine from the raspberries.
11. I bake my own bread and perogies. (anyone need the starter for Amish friendship bread?) Chemical free!
12. I recycle, reuse and regurgitate.
13. I do most of the 50 tips on a greener living, does Dion??
14. I conserve paper by blogging.
I could go on, but I think you get the picture. So, why should I pay a carbon tax? Shouldn't I be exempt like the big oil companies? (Dion is not going to tax gas.)
I also hear that they are going to impose a tariff on imports. So much for NAFTA. A tariff is paid by domestic consumers, with the government pocketing the tariff money, nice tax grab Dion!
The Liberals fail to understand people's desire to live an environmentally friendly life. You see, we all do as much as we want, to be eco-friendly, we do not want to be punished for our good behaviour, and that is exactly what Dion's tax grab is going to do. It punishes everyone on everything, no matter what you do to be eco-friendly. The great carbon tax swindle, is just that, a swindle to take from the average Jane, and give to Suzuki, so he can tell us how to do what he himself does not do. Don't buy this garbage.